Friday 26 July 2013

My hair regimen- Feyi's weekly routine


A tid bit on regimens
Just before I launch into the dets of mine just a quick tid bit. I don't have a specific regimen I tend to respond to my hair so for example I wash it when it seems a bit too dry or when I think it looks a bit dull and needs some TLC. My regimen has evolved with time. I have played with products and routines to see what works best for me and have been flexible. I have also learnt that my regime is specific to me. Natural hair varies and what works on mrs' A may not work on Miss B. You have to consider your hair texture and find what works best for you. That being said there are some natural hair musts:
1)    Avoid shampoos that contain sulphates and parabens
2)    Always use conditioner
3)    Seal in moisture with oils, avoid anything that contains mineral oil
4)    Use a leave in conditioner
5)    Try to deep condition with a protein rich conditioner every so often.

So here are the dets of my routine:

Shampooing and conditioning
Whenever my hair gets too dry or dull or just doesn't seem happy I give it a wash (usually twice a week). I use Bodyshop's Rainforest Moisture shampoo. Then I literally drench my hair with Herbal Essences's Hello Hydration. I tend to do this once I get in the shower so I can leave the conditioner on my hair for a bit while I shower. Then I wash it off. I used to co-condition my hair but I found that my hair would get rather hard. Started shampooing and found that it makes a world of difference.

Oils and leave in conditioner
So once my hair has been washed and conditioned. I pour some of my oil mix into my hands and distribute it though my hair trying to pay special attention to the tips. This basically is to keep/seal moisture into your hair. My oil mix is made up of:
·      Coconut oil
·      Olive oil
·      Lavender oil
·      Rosemary oil
·      Cedar wood oil
·      Tea tree oil
·      Avocado oil
I will put up another post about the different oils and their benefits on hair.
Once that's done, I pour some of my Bee Mine Leave In Conditioner into my hands and distribute it through my hair, again paying special attention to my tips. Note, I do all this while am still in the shower

Scalp care
Then I part my hair with my fingers and apply some Lush R&B on my scalp. Then with a big-tooth comb I give my hair a comb. Now am ready to head out of the shower.

I don't towel dry my hair because I have found that it makes it fizzy. So I just put a towel around my shoulders while I decide what to wear for the day lool and let my hair air dry.Then I style and go as desired. I usually tend to use some Curl Junkie Aloe Fix hair gel if am going for a bun or a puff or something that needs a slick look.

Deep conditioning
I try once a week or once every 2 weeks to deep condition with a protein rich conditioner. I wash my hair with shampoo as normal then I very very generously smoother my hair with either Vatica egg protein deep conditioner or if I can't find that I use Organics hair mayonnaise. I comb it through my hair with a large tooth comb. Apply some more to the tips of my hair then wrap my head in tin foil (helps generate heat). I leave it in for about 30mins-1hour depending on how much time I have. Then I rinse out. Apply my oil mix, leave in conditioner, give my scalp some lush love(use my lush r&b). Style and go.

Everyday
My hair loves water and is happiest when it gets hydrated everyday with water. So every morning after I have had a shower, whilst am still in the shower, I wet my hair ( just a quick dash of water esp on the tips. So it's not dripping wet but its nice and damp and moist) then I seal in the moisture with my oil mix, apply my leave in conditioner and use lush r&b to hydrate my scalp, comb with a large tooth comb and out of the shower.

If by the end of the day my hair is a bit dry and fizzy, a few squirts of water with a couple of drops of my oil mix tends to refresh and revive it

My product list and where to get them from
1) Bodyshop rainforest moisture shampoo 
(Bodyshop; http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/bath-body-care/haircare/rainforest-moisture-shampoo.aspx)
2) Herbal Essence hello hydration 
(Boots, tesco, anywhere really)
3) Coconut oil
(Bodyshop or your local continental hair store: http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/bath-body-care/beautifying-oils/coconut-beautifying-oil.aspx)
4) Olive oil 
(Bodyshop or your local continental hair store: http://www.thebodyshop.co.uk/bath-body-care/beautifying-oils/olive-beautifying-oil.aspx).
5) Lavender oil 
(Holland and Barretts, Boots or your local continental hair store: http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=279&prodid=732&cid=296).
6) Rosemary oil 
Holland and Barretts or your local continental hair store: http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=482&searchterm=rosemary%20oil&rdcnt=1
7) Cedar wood oil
Holland and Barretts or your local continental hair store: 
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=493&prodid=531
8)Tea tree oil
Holland and Barretts or your local continental hair store: 
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=272&prodid=452&cid=63
9) Avocado oil
Local continental store
10) Bee Mine Leave In Conditioner
British curlies online store: http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/Bee-Mine-Deja%27s-Hair-Milk-8oz.html
11) Lush R&B
Lush stores: https://www.lush.co.uk/product/324/R-and-B-Hair-Moisturiser
12) Curl Junkie Aloe Fix Gel
British curlies online store: http://www.curlyemporium.co.uk/products/Aloe-Fix-Styling-Gel-16oz.html
13) Vatica Hair Protein Deep Conditioner
Local continental hair store
14) Organics hair mayonnaise
Local continental hair store 

Kinks and Curls,
Feyi.

No comments:

Post a Comment